Friday, September 25, 2009

Laptops and Coffee Shops

Master Dogen at Alpha Status made a good point about laptops the other day, calling them Beta Machines. He's so right.

Seattle is well known for its love of coffee and coffee shops. Starbucks started here. My normal haunt, Cafe Allegro, was one of Starbucks' very first customers back in the '70's. Aside from the ubiquitous Starbucks, there are also a number of independent coffee houses and small chains that do very well. As I'm typing this up, I'm sitting in Cafe Zoka, in the Greenlake area. I don't typically come here, but I felt like a change.

For anyone curious about the coffee shop culture here in Seattle, here is a picture:



This is so typical Seattle. Very friendly city we got here.

Note: I'm just as bad as the rest. 

No comments: