Tuesday, October 6, 2009

RSD Bootcamp

I'm one step closer to signing up for a Real Social Dynamics (RSD) bootcamp. If you aren't familiar with RSD, they are famous in the Community for rejecting the more common Solid Game approach (i.e. various methods derived from Mystery Method) in favor of what they call Natural Game. Basically, what it comes down to is that they really, really focus on inner game issues, getting you loose and unstifled, bringing energy and fun, and pushing hardcore aggressiveness and sexual escalation.

They're also known for being somewhat cult-like. RSD guys can be a little fanatical. At this point, I'm less worried about that.

I just finished looking at the money side of things and if I do it in San Francisco, I think I can do the whole trip for about $2,300. The normal cost of an RSD bootcamp is $2000, but if you take it in SF or Austin, it's only $1500. I imagine that's because the instructors are based in those cities, which keeps them from having to pay travel expenses. So, if they were doing it here in Seattle, it would be $2000, not a huge difference really.

San Francisco is ideal for several reasons. First off, it's a cool city and someplace I think I might want to live someday. Secondly, it's a quick plane ride, so I can leave Seattle Friday morning and be settled in my hotel by early afternoon. These things usually start off in the early evening, so that should work fine. At the same time, I can catch a late flight out Sunday night, which saves me from having to pay for a hotel that night. If I were to go to Austin instead, I would have to plan for additional travel time, which would make the whole thing that much more expensive. But, the number one reason to take it in SF is because the instructor will be Jeffy, aka Jlaix, one of the most well-known and known to be legit PUAs in the Community. He also has a reputation as one of the best teachers, which is super-important to me.

There's a very good chance I'll book the whole thing tomorrow. I have a few logistical questions that I need answered first, such as when I need to be there on that Friday and when I should plan to fly out Sunday night. Part of what makes it affordable is limiting my stay to Friday and Saturday nights. I'll be exhausted when I get home, but it will be worth it I think.

Some reasons to move forward with this:

Self-knowledge/progress report

After six months or so in The Game, I am basically stuck. I've made some minor progress, become a lot more open than I was a year ago, but I'm not getting laid. Most nights I can approach, but there are some nights where I feel completely stuck in my head. I've mentioned before that I don't feel like I'm a very fun person. Interesting yes, but not especially "fun", per se. In this way, I am actually extremely male - logical, intensely analytical, etc. Even if this is all in my head, it's a HUGE problem for me, especially when it comes to Night Game, because that attitude colors all of my interactions.

Last Saturday Night

I was out with a bunch of local Community guys on Saturday night and couldn't do anything. I wasn't especially anxious or anything, just stuck. It's kind of hard to explain. I wanted to approach, but in the back of my head all I can think is that it's completely useless. At the same time, I watched this other guy in the group just go completely direct and sexual with the hottest girl in the club (one of the hottest girls I've seen in a while) and have her basically eating out of his hand. I would be shocked if he didn't fuck her later that night.

The thing about this guy is that he is very anti-method. I know him well enough to know that he's basically taught himself to go completely natural and do what he wants to do whenever he wants to do it. He's somehow managed to free himself from all of his social conditioning. This is very RSD-ish.

Personal Recommendation

A friend of mine took Jeffy's bootcamp in SF a few weeks ago and emerged with his game at a whole new level. This guy knows me. He moved to a different city a few months ago, but we've kept in touch and he knows what my issues are. He agreed that this is the best thing for me to do.

Some Other Thoughts:

I've basically come to the conclusion that the pure Solid Game approach isn't going to work for me right now. At this point, when I go out I am too stuck in my head - and that's even on my best nights. I also HATE having to drink when I go out. I don't drink a lot, but three drinks seems to be what it takes to get me to loosen up. I HATE that!

I think I may actually have kind of a dominant personality. It comes out sometimes at work when I go into "command" mode, usually in crisis situations. My voice and tonality, and body language all change. Really, everything about me changes.  If true, this would obviously help me out considerably. But, I have to do something to bring it out in the social environment. There's at least a chance RSD can do this for me. I'm looking for an experience that will literally shake my reality and put me in a different place.

2 comments:

Bhetti said...

I can't tell you what you should be doing but from what you're saying and all the research you've done, you seem to already know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback. Right now, gaming at night in bars and clubs just feels like a pointless waste of time.

RSD cultishness is a concern as well. There's kind of a groupthink mentality going on over there. But, as I said, I'm less worried about that now. I'm more concerned with results than anything else. I kind of feel like I need to be exposed to a different reality before I can change mine. Also, Jeffy, the instructor in San Francisco, has a really great reputation as a teacher. He's one of the few RSD guys, other than Tyler, that is really well known in the Community outside the insular cocoon of RSD.